Monday, December 19, 2005

Sleepless

I'm a zombie because it's really hard to fall asleep with back pain. Eventually I propped myself with so many cushions that I must have looked like one of those frescos of dying Popes, minus angels and rays of light, and managed to fall asleep at around 4am by staying absolutely still and trying to ignore the pain. I tried to do that yoga trick where you empty your mind of all thoughts but it just doesn't work. I haven't managed to do it ONCE. Never ever. I suspect that people who claim that they can empty their minds are full of shit.

I should be able to finish #158 comfortably before I fly home for xmas, I worked on it for six hours solid yesterday evening. I watched Lenny on TV at the same time, first time I've seen the movie even if it's been around for 30 years. It's about a stand-up comedian who fought for our right to swear in public places. Dustin Hoffmann is a great actor and it was an interesting story, but I'd probably have been bored if I hadn't been colouring at the same time and I couldn't shake the impression that Lenny, even if a likeable character, kinda sucked as a comedian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that people who claim that they can empty their minds are full of shit.

That sentence is made of awesome, as they say. This is from now on my personal motto!